Thursday, October 15, 2009

Possible MSB Products

One possible product is a graphic design poster or a painting/canvas about the pollutants in the sea, possibly a photo manipulation. It can show a time line of how pollutants enter the sea and what happens afterward (if it's cleaned up or degrades). I talked to Nikita and we might do a joint art, so that if her art is put next to mine, the river mouth of the product will lead to another image of a human body and how the pollutants affect it.




(Source: http://www.surfrider.org/portland/blog/archive/2008_09_01_archive.html, http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/newsroom/print.aspx?id=105)

This is a simple but affective photomanipulation and a complex painting. Both were to promote cleaning waters or keeping clean environments. Mine probably won't be as complex a painting if I decide to do an art piece like that, but I'll try my best. I'd paint the water and maybe some marine life, along with trash and murkiness. If I do a photomanipulation like the Rise Above Plastic image, I think a simple but clear picture of the concept would serve well as a final product.


The second idea is a photo essay. I think photos can portray the concept really well, and it might be easy to get the photos of pollution in the ocean or at least of a sewage treatment plant.

(Source: http://envis.maharashtra.gov.in/envis_data/files/news/jul/pollution%20management.html)
This is a good photo of a sewage pipe, it has good composition and lighting and all that stuff. It portrays pollution in a disgusting way, but it's effective in sending a message. There's a LOT of sewage! If I can find a place like this, I can probably get a lot of good photos for a photo essay. I should remember the rules of photography like the rule of thirds and macro and such for this too. A clear message using just pictures would be a good thing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment